Our 1,000 in 1,000 program helps the whole community by helping individuals. The model focuses on the “working poor.” These are individuals and families who are in the workplace, yet struggling to make ends meet and get ahead.
Using a research-based approach, we help families build the 9 Pivotal Assets to move into a life of self-sufficiency. In fact, our pilot program demonstrated that if families obtain at least 7 of the 9 Pivotal Assets, they more than double their likelihood of successfully moving out of poverty.
Our approach focuses on educating and assisting individuals with key assets.
To take care of children and build productive relationships with others.
- Quality Child Care
- Affordable Housing
- Reliable Transportation
- Parent University (parent and financial literacy skills)
To attain knowledge, skills, and abilities to earn adequate income.
- Job Training
- Resolution of Criminal Background
To effectively manage money and build wealth.
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- Monthly Budget Management
The work of 1,000 in 1,000 is only possible with our community partners, who provide numerous resources and support.
Quality Child Care
- Early Learning Coalition
- Team Up
- Jacksonville Children’s Commission
- Jacksonville Housing Authority
- LISC (Local Initiatives Support Corporation)
- Ability Housing
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority
- Family Foundations Parent University
Criminal Background Expungement:
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Family Foundations
Earned Income Tax Credit
- RealSense Prosperity Campaign
- United Way of Northeast Florida
Monthly Budget Management