DONOR BILL OF RIGHTS & FINANCIALS
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for good. To assure that we merit the respect and trust of our donors, we have outlined these rights:
- Donors will be informed of our mission, of how we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purpose.
- Donors will be informed of the identity of those serving on our Board of Directors and to expect the Board of Directors to exercise prudent judgment in their stewardship responsibilities.
- Donors will have access to our most recent financial statements.
- Donors can be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Donors will receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Donors can be assured that information about their donations is handles with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Donors can expect that all relationships with our organization will be professional in nature.
- Donors will be informed of all fees being paid to third party sources involved in soliciting a gift.
- Donors are encouraged to seek independent advice and counsel when making gifts.
- Donors are free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Independent Auditor’s Reports
Family Foundations, originally Family Counseling Services, was founded in 1955. Since that time, we have provided our services to over 130,000 families in Jacksonville and Northeast Florida.